It is never too late to stop smoking, if you are serious about stopping then a Smoking Cessation Adviser can provide help, support and information.
- Smoking kills over 100,000 people per year in the United Kingdom.
- Smokers are more likely to get ill and die earlier than non-smokers.
Accessing Smoking Cessation Support
We do not provide Smoking Cessation at Northlands Wood Practice however you can be seen at Dolphins Practice who are able to see our patients as temporary patients.
To access the Dolphins Practice Smoking Cessation service:
- Collect a temporary form at Reception or print one at home by clicking HERE.
- Call Dolphins Practice for an appointment on 01444 414767 and explain you are a Northlands Wood patient calling to be seen for Smoking Cessation.
- Fill in the temporary Patient form prior to your appointment and give to a Dolphins receptionist upon arrival.
Details of Dolphins Practice can be found on their website: www.dolphinspractice.co.uk
(Parking can be difficult at Dolphins Practice so give yourself plenty of time before your appointment)
The Smoking Cessation Adviser has a number of tips to help you stop:
- Plan your attempt to quit smoking
- Pick a date and keep to it
- Support from family and friends is vital
- Reward yourself with treats from the money you save
- Always take one day at a time
- Be positive
We will be able to advise you about Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT). NRT increases your chances of quitting successfully. The products are available on prescription.